TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
Please take time to read the following terms and conditions of registration.
FOR ALL STUDENTS [Update 15/01/2022]
- Admissions are given on a first come first served basis and are subject to the availability of seats.
- Students must submit a copy of a valid identity card (Aadhaar, passport etc.) with proof of address at the time of admission.
- Admission forms must be signed by a parent or a legal guardian in the case of minors (below 18yrs).
- The maximum number of students in a class is limited to 20 students.
- Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to cancel a class with fewer than 15 students registered.
- Registration will be confirmed upon the partial/full payment of the fees at the counter or via transfer AND once you receive a confirmation from Alliance Française Jaipur administration.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur will refund the entire course fee if a class is cancelled on account of insufficient registrations or if the start date is delayed by more than two weeks and the student does not wish to maintain his/her registration. No other refunds are given.
- If partial payment is requested, the student will be asked to fill and sign a “letter of undertaking”. Please note: a prior approval will be needed from the administration / Partial payment is an exception and not a rule available only for B and C levels.
- If the student is paying in installments, he/she will be obliged to pay the entire fee even if he/she wishes to discontinue the class in between.
- Only the person registered for the class is allowed to attend, no substitute by another person is allowed. Students must bring along their course receipt and valid identity card on the first day of class. For the purposes of verification, our staff may request students to provide proof of identity. Students who enroll online or through third parties are expected to collect their books from the Front Office before the commencement of their course. Students are expected to carry their ID cards while at the Alliance Française Jaipur and present the same for verification if necessary. Students should handle with care all equipment and facilities provided by the Alliance Française Jaipur, and are liable to pay for any damage caused.
- Students are prohibited from entering and using classrooms for any purpose outside of class hours and from switching on or using the computers, projectors and air conditioners in the classrooms in the absence of the teacher.
- Eating breakfast, lunch or snacks in classrooms is strictly prohibited as is hanging around in corridors or in the staircase. Students are welcome to wait in the seating areas provided for this purpose on the ground level and on the balcony of the first floor.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur and its management shall not be held responsible for any damages, losses or injuries during the course of study at the said French Language and Cultural Centre.
- Students are expected to attend classes regularly and to be punctual.
- Mobile phones are to be switched off or kept in silent mode during classes. Students are not allowed to answer phone calls or return messages during class hours except in the case of emergencies.
- Classes may be cancelled and class time may be reduced up to four hours (per level) due to unexpected contingencies.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to change faculty at any point during the course due to unexpected and unavoidable circumstances.
- Any concern regarding classes should be addressed to the Pedagogical coordinator in writing ([email protected]).
- Internal tests are conducted at regular intervals during the course and a final oral and written exam is conducted at the end of the course. Students are regularly tested on four competencies: oral and written comprehension and oral and written expression. The dates of all evaluations are fixed in advance by the professors and advance intimation is given to the students. No retest will be conducted in the case of students missing the internal tests and the final exam.
- Students who wish to continue into a higher level must obtain a minimum of 50% in the final results computed at the end of the course and a minimum of 7 on 25 in each competency, in the final exam. 40% weightage is given to internal tests and 60% to the end of term exam.
- Courses include a significant number of online assignments on our digital learning platform “MonAlliance”. Students are expected to complete the modules within the stipulated time as these are an integral part of the course curriculum and are meant to enhance the learning program. Students who do not have access to a computer or Internet may reserve a slot in the library to complete their weekly modules.
- An attestation is issued on demand to students at the end of the course and after the declaration of results. Students may request for the same at the Front Office and collect their attestations within ten days.
- At the end of their course, students will be requested to fill up an online questionnaire on Google Form to give their feedback about their learning experience at the Alliance Française Jaipur . Such feedback is indispensable and essential for us to improve the quality of our services.
3. ADMISSION INTO HIGHER LEVELS
- Students from other institutes and students joining after a break of more than six months are welcome to join directly into our higher levels. However, they will need to take an access test before being given admission. The objective of the access test is to ascertain whether the student possesses the required competencies to be able to directly enter the desired level of study and to cope with the course.
- Access tests are held once a month, and may be held more often during the admission period. Students can register for an access test by contacting the administration of Alliance Française Jaipur.
- The results of the access test will be valid for a period of one month only and students are therefore encouraged to take it only before they wish to register for a class.
- Students enrolled in a class at the Alliance Française Jaipur, within the last six months, are not permitted to take an access test instead of their final evaluation.
- Course fees include administrative, tuition, digital platform, library fees, textbooks and GST as applicable. DELF-DALF exam registration fees are not included and will have to be paid separately during the exam registration period.
- Administrative fees, once paid, are valid for a period of one year from the date of admission into a course. Students who enroll in successive courses will have to pay administrative fees once again, if they register for a course after expiry of this one year period.
- Access to the digital platform MonAlliance is valid from the date of commencement of a course to the end of the course.
- Fees are to be paid in full, by bank transfer, cheque, PayTM, debit/credit card. Extra cheque bounced charges will be applicable on returned cheques. Fees are inclusive of GST.
- For online payments by direct bank transfer, please refer to the protocol and conditions available on our website. Noncompliance of the same will render an admission invalid.
- Course fees are not refundable and are not transferable to a third person or to any other Alliance Française in India or the world.
5. DISCOUNTED COURSE FEE
- Please note that the early bird discount is only available for B and C levels and entitles you to 10% discount, if you pay your fee in one installment, within the first 10 days after the beginning of the class.
- Other discounts are available for all levels only if the student pays his/her fees in one installment.
- Students who register with their siblings at the same time receive a 15% discount for each of student (for all levels A, B and C levels).
- A student who registers with his/her friend(s) at the same time receives a 10% discount (only for the first registration).
- Students repeating the same level within the next 12 months are entitled to 50% [Second chance]
- Discounted course fees cannot be refunded.
- Discounts cannot be accumulated.
6. WITHDRAWAL / DEFERMENT / REFUND
- Attending one class makes you automatically part of the batch, 100% of the fee is considered to be due to Alliance Française Jaipur. As mentioned on clause 2, the discount might be applicable.
- No refund or deferment will be given once the session has started even if the student wishes to stop his/her course.
Withdrawal from class before the beginning of the session is subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of the tuition fee paid. Requests must be made in writing for the
- attention of the administration.
Deferment can be applied before the beginning of the session. It is valid for 6 months. Risk is covered by students. Requests must be made in writing for the attention of the registrar.
7. REPLACEMENT OR TRANSFER OF THE CLASS
- Classes are not held on public holidays and will be replaced at the end of the session.
- Transfers from one batch to another are not encouraged. In exceptional cases, students may apply for a transfer from one time to another, within the same session, or from full-time courses to weekend batches or vice versa. Such a transfer becomes effective only after a written application has been submitted to the office, approval of the transfer by the Management, payment of the relevant Transfer of Batch Fee and payment of any extra amount on account of an increase in admission, tuition, library fee, books or GST or a difference in the number of hours or rates over weekends. No extra amount will be refunded to the student. Such transfers will be authorized subject to availability of seats in the desired batch. The Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to refuse such a transfer.
- The student will only receive credit for the balance number of hours of the course, commencing from the date on which the written transfer application request is submitted to Front Office and not from the date on which he or she stopped attending classes or informed the teacher.
- A written application requesting a transfer along with supporting documents to justify the reason for the transfer request must be submitted to the Front Office.
- Once the transfer is approved, the student must fill out the transfer form and make the relevant payment in order for the transfer to be processed. The student must select the class and timing into which he wishes to be transferred immediately and is expected to keep himself or herself informed about the commencement of classes. Fees may only be transferred into the session immediately following the session into which admission has been taken.
- Transfer of session students will have to pay any extra amount on account of an increase in administrative, tuition, digital platform and library fees, GST or a difference in the number of hours or rates over weekends. No extra amount will be refunded to the student.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur does not guarantee the commencement of any class at any level at the preferred timings of the student in the session to which the fees are transferred. The student will have to choose between available batches in the session to which fees have been transferred or forfeit the amount of the credit.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur will not reserve seats for such transfer cases or inform students of upcoming sessions.
- Admissions are on a first come first served basis. The above amount will not be refunded nor transferred to another session should the student fail to complete the admission procedure on time and fail to get a seat in the batch of his/her choice. In the event of the same, the amount stands forfeited.
- The Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to reject any transfer of session application.
8. SPLITTING, COMBINING, RESIZING AND CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
- When classes have a very low enrollment rate, options for joining equivalent groups are offered (if possible).
- Cancellation is the last option considered.
- In case of cancellation, students can choose either refund or deferment to the next session.
- Those opting for a deferment to the next session must be aware of the fact that the specific level may not be offered or may only be offered at a different day/time.
9. CERTIFICATE (DELF-DALF…)
- A certificate cannot be taken after 6 months from the last date of the class.
- International examination certificates (DELF, DALF) can be republished with the fee prescribed by Centre National des Certification.
- Alliance Française Jaipur is not responsible for uncollected International examination Certificates (DELF/DALF) after 6 months.
10. LIBRARY & CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
- Access to the library is reserved for students, members of the Alliance Française Jaipur and of the library, holding valid ID cards. Students become members of the library by default, once they enroll in a class. Such membership automatically expires at the end of the course. Students who do not wish to continue into higher levels but wish to use the library facilities may do so by paying the relevant library membership fees.
- Students shall adhere to all the Rules and Regulations of the Library failing which they may be denied access to the same.
- Students who do not return books on time will not be issued new books and will be denied access to library facilities or admission into higher levels until they return the same.
- Students will have to reimburse the cost of books, magazines, and comics, DVDs or CDs lost or damaged by them.
- Students are entitled and encouraged to attend all our cultural events and will receive a regular newsletter regarding the same.
11. ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE (AF) JAIPUR MANAGEMENT
- The Alliance Française reserves the right to reject any application without assigning a reason.
- Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to assign any teacher to any class.
- Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to divide, combine, cancel or reduce hours for any classes as it deems necessary.
- Alliance Française Jaipur reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, as it deems necessary, without advance notification
Official mail, Email, Phone, What’s App, Telegram and My Alliance are considered as official channels of communication between Alliance Française Jaipur and its students. Information about the classes (Postpone, Holidays, Tasks) out of the class timing will be shared on the What’s App group of the class. In the case of a minor student, it’s the parent’s responsibility to make sure they can access the phone number (and What’s App group of the class) shared with Alliance Française Jaipur administration. Alliance Française Jaipur cannot be held responsible for miscommunication between a minor student and his/her parents.